- On Happy Days, rode the same motorcycle that Steve McQueen used in The Great Escape.
- Donated his Fonzie leather jacket to the Smithsonian Institution.
- Godfather of Ron Howard's daughter, actress Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Is a cousin of actor Richard Belzer.
- Co-author of the Hank Zipzer: The World's Greatest Underachiever series of children's books.
- Won a Daytime Emmy for producing 1984's Outstanding Children's Special All the Kids Do It; and won a 2005 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program as the voice of the bird Norville on Clifford's Puppy Days.
- Won the role of Captain Hook in the London pantomime Peter Pan in 2006, and returned to the holiday production for several subsequent years.
- Is active in campaigns to highlight children's educational needs and often discusses his own struggle with dyslexia.
- Is a New York Yankees fan; he read the starting lineups on Fox for the fifth game of the 2009 Yankees-Phillies' World Series.
- In 2010, joined the cast of Childrens Hospital on Adult Swim and also took on a role on the USA Network drama Royal Pains.
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Program: Nominee
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 2000, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1978, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1983, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1978, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- Harry Irving Winkler — Father
- Jed Weitzman — Stepson
- Bea Winkler — Sister
- Max Daniel Winkler — Son
- Stacey Furstman Winkler — Wife
- Ilse Anna Maria Winkler — Mother
- Zoe Emily Winkler — Daughter
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts, United States (BA, 1967); Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States (MFA, 1970)
- Birth Name: Henry Franklin Winkler
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Director, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, American Gods and more