- His father is Cuban, his mother is Lithuanian.
- Formed a Pittsburgh production company called Latent Image, which created industrial films and TV commercials, in the early 1960s.
- Made his feature-film directorial debut in 1968 with the zombie-horror classic Night of the Living Dead, which spawned several sequels and was eventually inducted into the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.
- Met his second wife, Christine Forrest, while he was working on the 1972 horror-drama Season of the Witch, which was produced by his first wife, Nancy Romero.
- Made a cameo appearance in 1991's The Silence of the Lambs.
- Received the New York City Horror Film Festival's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2002 and the CineVegas International Film Festival's Vanguard Director Award in 2005.
- Tina Romero — Daughter
- George Cameron Romero — Son
- Nancy Romero — Ex-wife
- Christine Forrest — Ex-wife
- Attended Carnegie Institute of Technology, Pittsburgh, PA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: George Andrew Romero
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Profession: Director, Screenwriter, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?