- Attended McMaster University with fellow SCTV members Martin Short and Dave Thomas.
- Decided he was going to become an actor shortly before his final exams during his last year in college. He called an old college friend, Ivan Reitman, and asked for a role in the director's first feature film, the 1971 comedy Foxy Lady.
- Appeared in the famed 1972 Toronto production of Godspell with Short, Gilda Radner, Victor Garber and Andrea Martin.
- Frequently costars in comedies with Steve Martin, including Father of the Bride (1991), Bringing Down the House (2003) and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005).
- Received a star on Canada's Walk of Fame in 2006 and the Governor General’s Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement in 2008.
- In 2011, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada, one of the country's highest civilian honors.
- 2004, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2001, Writers Guild Awards — Original Screenplay: Nominee
- 1998, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Screenplay: Nominee
- 1982, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Winner
- 1983, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Winner
- 1983, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1982, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 2003, Grammy — Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: Winner
- 2004, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Screenplay: Nominee
- Sarah Levy — Daughter
- Dan Levy — Son
- Deborah Divine — Wife
- Attended McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Birth Place: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Birthday: December 17, 1946, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Director, Songwriter, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind