- First TV acting job was on the newsmagazine A Current Affair; played John Belushi in a reenactment of the comic's last days.
- His Italian-immigrant parents wanted him to become a priest---he ended up portraying one in the 1998 thriller Stigmata.
- Met his wife, a nutritionist, while trying to lose weight for his role in Just Shoot Me.
- Encouraged to play Sgt. Greg Parker on Flashpoint by his brother, a retired cop, who read the pilot and was impressed with its authenticity.
- Won a Gemini Award in 2009 in the category Best Actor in a Drama for his work on Flashpoint, which also won Best Drama.
- Teaches youth drama classes at Inner-City Arts in Los Angeles.
- Madelyn Francesca Colantoni — Daughter
- Frances Colantoni — Sister
- Nancy Colantoni — Wife
- Quintin Colantoni — Son
- Quintino Colantoni — Father
- Hector Colantoni — Brother
- Gina Colantoni — Mother
- University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, CT (1993)
Season 1, Episode 19
- Birth Place: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Birthday: February 14, 1963, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor