- Worked as a tour guide and disc jockey before successfully trying stand-up in Dallas and eventually landing a spot on The Tonight Show in 1990.
- Won the American Comedy Award for Best Male Stand-up Comedian in 1992.
- Developed "Here's your sign" into his signature routine, in which he identifies people who should wear a "stupid" sign after asking silly or obvious questions.
- Collaborated with Travis Tritt on the novelty song "Here's Your Sign," which was a big country-music hit in 1997 and was certified gold.
- Published a memoir, Just a Guy: Notes from a Blue Collar Life, in 2007.
- Fears snakes and heights.
- Travis Engvall — Son
- Emily Holden — Daughter
- Gail Engvall — Wife
- Attended Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: William Ray Engvall Jr.
- Birth Place: Galveston, TX
- Profession: Comedian, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?