- Worked as a tour guide and disc jockey before successfully trying stand-up in Dallas and eventually landing a spot on The Tonight Show in 1990.
- Won the American Comedy Award for Best Male Stand-up Comedian in 1992.
- Developed "Here's your sign" into his signature routine, in which he identifies people who should wear a "stupid" sign after asking silly or obvious questions.
- Collaborated with Travis Tritt on the novelty song "Here's Your Sign," which was a big country-music hit in 1997 and was certified gold.
- Published a memoir, Just a Guy: Notes from a Blue Collar Life, in 2007.
- Fears snakes and heights.
- Emily Holden — Daughter
- Gail Engvall — Wife
- Travis Engvall — Son
- Attended Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: William Ray Engvall Jr.
- Birth Place: Galveston, TX
- Profession: Comedian, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more