- Is the daughter of a dentist and a school guidance counselor.
- Got her show-business start as a cabaret singer at the Greenwich Village club Reno Sweeney in the early 1970s.
- Made her film debut in Paul Mazursky's 1976 comedy-drama Next Stop,Greenwich Village.
- First TV role came in 1977 with the NBC miniseries Seventh Avenue; subsequently guest-starred on numerous popular series, including Law & Order, Suddenly Susan, The X-Files and Heroes.
- Earned a 1983 Drama Desk nomination for her performance as Audrey in the musical Little Shop of Horrors; was the only cast member to reprise their role in Frank Oz's 1986 film adaptation.
- Is accompanied by her husband, pianist Christian Klikovits, on her 2004 CD, In His Eyes.
- First regular TV role came in 2007 with ABC's fantasy-dramedy Pushing Daisies.
- In 2012 was cast in NBC's Hannibal, a mid-season show developed by Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller.
- 1977, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Nominee
- Tibor Hardik — Ex-husband
- Marty Robinson — Ex-significant Other
- Christian Klikovits — Husband
- Attended Rider College, Lawrenceville, NJ
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
"We want it to be even better than Season 1," says Chief Jim Hopper