Smart and sultry, Elizabeth Mitchell first made her mark in a pair of lesbian roles. She was the stable girlfriend to Angelina Jolie's out-of-control supermodel in the 1998 TV-biopic Gia,
and in ER
's seventh season she helped Laura Innes' character come out of the closet. Initially, Mitchell worked in regional theater before landing a soap stint and TV guest spots. After Gia
, she won regular roles in a string of short-lived small-screen series (The Party of Five
spin-off Time of Your Life
, The Beast
opposite future Lost
costar Naveen Andrews) and occasionally played supporting roles in features (Frequency
, two films from the Santa Clause
trilogy). But her sexy looks and mysterious aura were put to their best use yet when she popped up on Lost
's third season as one of the ominous Others, a regular role that lasted through the fifth season. In 2009, Mitchell hopped over to another ABC series, the sci-fi remake V
, but still made time to appear in the first and last episode of Lost
's final season. Off screen, Mitchell is married to actor Chris Soldevilla, and the pair have a son.Elizabeth Mitchell Fast Facts:
- Became involved in theatre after her parents wouldn't allow a television in the house.
- Went to high school with musician Ray Hargrove.
- Appeared in a number of theater productions, including As You Like It, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Measure for Measure, Baby and Chicago.
- Broke her nose while filming the 2000 film Frequency.
- Played the titular role in the made-for-TV movie The Linda McCartney Story in 2000.
- Elizabeth Mitchell Relationships:
- Gary Bakewell - Ex-significant Other
- Chris Soldevilla - Husband
- David Lee Smith - Ex-significant Other
- Christopher Soldevilla Jr. - Son
- Elizabeth Mitchell Awards:
- 2010 Emmy: Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series - Nominee
- Stephens College, Columbia, MO (BFA in Acting)