- Nickname was "Sonny Boy," after the song of the same name from the Al Jolson film The Singing Fool (1928).
- Made his radio debut on Philadelphia radio station WFIL on a children's program called When I Grow Up.
- Was discovered and thrust into the national spotlight in 1949 by entertainer Eddie Cantor, who saw Fisher performing at a resort in the Catskills in New York.
- Was drafted into the U.S. Army in 1951; he served a year in Korea.
- Hosted two variety shows for NBC: Coke Time with Eddie Fisher (1953-57) and The Eddie Fisher Show (1957-59).
- Penned his autobiography, Eddie: My Life, My Loves, in 1981.
- Has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: one for recording and one for acting.
- 1958, Golden Globe — Television Achievement: Winner
- 1956, Emmy — Best Male Singer: Nominee
- 1955, Emmy — Best Male Singer: Nominee
- Joseph Fisher — Father
- Kate Fisher Stupp — Mother
- Sidney Fisher — Brother
- Shani Wernovsky — Sister
- Betty Lin — Wife (deceased)
- Todd Fisher — Son
- Miriam — Sister
- Nettie — Sister
- Debbie Reynolds — Ex-wife
- Connie Stevens — Ex-wife
- Joely Fisher — Daughter
- Alvin Fisher — Brother
- Eileen Small — Sister
- Carrie Fisher — Daughter
- Elizabeth Taylor — Ex-wife
- Tricia Leigh Fisher — Daughter
- Terry Richard — Ex-wife
- Birth Name: Edwin Jack Fisher
- Birth Place: Philadelphia, PA
- Birthday: August 10, 1928, Leo
- Died: September 22, 2010
- Profession: Singer, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We challenged Chris Geere, Aya Cash, Kether Donohue and Desmin Borges to draw 45-second portraits of each other and the results were... interesting