Tough but sexy, Farr has spent most of her career in the company of men. She provided a woman's perspective on MTV's relationship chatfest Loveline
before making the leap to acting with recurring roles on The Drew Carey Show
. Farr got her big break in a pair of Denis Leary series: as the lone girl detective on the short-lived dramedy The Job
and as the sole female firefighter on Rescue Me
. Although the latter was a hit, Farr traded flames for gunfire as the only female FBI agent on NUMB3RS
. After three seasons, Farr moved on from the CBS hit and began a multi-episode arc on Californication
. She also enjoys a career as a writer and entrepreneur. In addition to contributing articles to a number of magazines, she published her first novel, The Girl Code: The Secret Language of Single Women
, in 2001. The good-natured guy's gal also turned a potentially devastating breakup with her ex-fiancé into a business, launching a comedic card company after sending out a homemade card stating that she was single again. Farr's offscreen talents extend far beyond written mediums, however: She's also a yoga instructor, a general contractor and a snowboarder.Diane Farr Fast Facts:
- Was a model at age 12.
- Taught drama at a men's maximum-security prison for a short time.
- Managed an L.A. eatery owned by Christina Applegate.
- Cohosted MTV's Loveline.
- Joked on WCHS-TV of her work on that show: "I did a Broadway show (No Place Like Home)...and no one cared; I got a job talking about sex on TV and everyone wanted a meeting!"
- Published her first book, The Girl Code: The Secret Language of Single Women, a humorous guide to dating, in 2001; has also written lifestyle columns and features for Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Glamour and other publications.
- Wrote and directed the Web series Ass Castles.
- Diane Farr Relationships:
- Patricia Farr - Mother
- Seung Yong Chung - Husband
- Thomas E. Farr - Father
- Beckett Mancuso Chung - Son
- Coco Trinity Chung - Daughter
- Sawyer Lucia Chung - Daughter
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY and Loughborough University, Leicestershire, England (joint BA in Theatre)