- Born with a clubfoot; wore leg braces and corrective shoes until the age of 15.
- Began his career as a stand-up comic in 1982.
- Penned the 1999 book Bootleg, a collection of his humorous takes on topics ranging from family to racism.
- Was named one of TV GUIDE'S 50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time in 2004.
- Had his first novel, Red Hats, published in 2010.
- Appeared on his son Damon Wayans Jr.'s sitcom Happy Endings, playing the father of Damon Jr.'s character, in April 2011.
- 2002, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Male Performer in a New TV Series: Winner
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1992, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- Marlon Wayans — Brother
- Kim Wayans — Sister
- Damon Wayans Jr. — Son
- Elvira Wayans — Sister
- Shawn Wayans — Brother
- Cara Mia Wayans — Daughter
- Dwayne Wayans — Brother
- Elvira Wayans — Mother
- Keenen Ivory Wayans — Brother
- Kyla Wayans — Daughter
- Lisa Thorner — Ex-wife
- Nadia Wayans — Sister
- Vonnie Wayans — Sister
- Deidre Wayans — Sister
- Howell Wayans — Father
- Michael Wayans — Son
Season 4, Episode 5
- Birth Name: Damon Kyle Wayans
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: September 4, 1960, Virgo
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Producer, Comedian
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: