- At age 9, was cast in a Broadway revival of The Music Man, starring Dick Van Dyke.
- In 1993, won the Most Desirable Male honor at the MTV Movie Awards for portraying a romantic lead opposite Marisa Tomei in the tearjerker Untamed Heart.
- Slater, who replaced River Phoenix in the role of journalist Malloy in Interview With the Vampire (1994), donated his salary to charity in the late Phoenix's memory.
- In January 1994, became Harper's Bazaar's first cover guy since Steve McQueen in 1968 when he and supermodel Christy Turlington posed together.
- Made his London stage debut as Randle Patrick McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
- Works with the Get Schooled Foundation to encourage graduation; Slater, once a high-school dropout, received his GED after finding success as an actor and becoming a parent.
- 2001, Critics' Choice Awards — Alan J. Pakula Award: Winner
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2007, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 1991, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Male Lead: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2017, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Ryan Slater — Half Brother
- Ryan Haddon — Ex-wife
- Christy Turlington — Ex-significant Other
- Jaden Christopher Haddon-Slater — Son
- Mary Jo Slater — Mother
- Tamara Mellon — Ex-significant Other
- Michael Hawkins — Father
- Winona Ryder — Ex-significant Other
- Christina Applegate — Ex-significant Other
- Eliana Sophia Haddon-Slater — Daughter
- Nina Huang — Ex-fiancée
- Samantha Mathis — Ex-significant Other
- Brittany Lopez — Wife
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Christian Michael Leonard Hawkins
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Here's what Sam Esmail needs to do to get Mr. Robot back on track