With athletic good looks and an affable vibe, Pratt literally fell into acting when he happened to wait on actor-director Rae Dawn Chong in a Hawaii restaurant. Taken with Pratt, she cast him in her debut feature, Cursed 3
, and although the comic horror film was barely seen, it launched his career. After a handful of small TV roles, the hunky blond landed on Everwood
in 2002 as a jock with a pronounced sensitive side, and the actor stayed with the series until its demise in 2006. Off screen he dated his costar Emily VanCamp, who played his sister on the show, and later married fellow actor Anna Faris in 2009.Chris Pratt Fast Facts:
- Once lived in his car in Hawaii.
- Discovered by actress-director Rae Dawn Chong while he was working at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. on Maui.
- Was nominated twice for Teen Choice Awards for his portrayal of Bright Abbott on the TV series Everwood.
- Originally signed on for NBC's Parks and Recreation for a six-episode guest spot, but his character's popularity prompted the producers to make him a regular in Season 2.
- Enjoys snowboarding and fly-fishing.
- Chris Pratt Relationships:
- Jack Pratt - Son
- Emily VanCamp - Ex-significant Other
- Anna Faris - Wife