With her athletic moves, exotic beauty and exuberant personality, this professional ballroom dancer won viewers' hearts and votes to become a two-time Dancing With the Stars champion. Although the California native initially studied ballet, Burke ultimately switched her focus to ballroom and by age 13 was strutting her stuff across the globe. During a 2005 competition opposite her then partner/love interest Jose DeCamps, she caught the eye of an ABC talent scout and became a prime-time player on the smash reality series, earning several Emmy nods for choreography in the process. In the show's second season, she and former boy-bander Drew Lachey danced away with the trophy, and the next year, Burke and retired NFLer Emmitt Smith won the coveted title. She has remained with the reality show and is consistently in the running for the mirrorball, often paired with strong contenders like actor Gilles Marini and football star Chad Ochocinco. Burke expanded her interests in recent years with the opening of a series of California dance studios and the creation of a line of activewear, all bearing her name.
- Of Filipino, Irish and Russian descent.
- Frequently makes it to the finals on DWTS, including in Season 6 (with actor Cristián de la Fuente) and Season 8 (with actor Gilles Marini).
- Made her TV acting debut in a 2006 episode of the Disney Channel sitcom The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
- Opened her first dance studio in April 2008 in San Francisco, and in 2009, created the Cheryl Burke Collection, a line of activewear.
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Choreography: Nominee
- Sherrie Bautista-Burke — Mother
- Jose DeCamps — Ex-significant Other
- Matthew Lawrence — Ex-significant Other
- Max Zagorski — Ex-significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Cheryl Bautista Burke
- Birth Place: California
- Birthday: May 3, 1984, Taurus
- Profession: Dancer, Choreographer, Reality cast member
- User Rating: