- Her mother was a childhood friend of Golda Meir, the Israeli prime minister.
- Attended Northwestern University with Cloris Leachman, Paul Lynde and Charlton Heston.
- Dropped her last name after breaking into show business when she was advised that Lubotsky would not work well.
- Began her career as a nightclub singer in the 1950s.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1952 in Three Wishes for Jamie.
- In 1978, became a household name playing housekeeper Mrs. Garrett on Diff'rent Strokes, a role that spun-off into her own series, The Facts of Life, which ran until 1986.
- College friend and former roommate Leachman later replaced Rae on The Facts of Life.
- 1975, Emmy — Outstanding Single Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Drama Special: Nominee
- 1969, Tony — Actress (Dramatic): Nominee
- 1966, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Musical): Nominee
- 1982, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Meyer Lubotsky — Father
- Beverly Levin — Sister
- Larry — Son
- Esther Lubotsky — Mother
- Mimi Guten — Sister
- John Strauss — Ex-husband
- Andrew — Son
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, United States (Communications, 1948)
- Birth Name: Charlotte Rae Lubotsky
- Birth Place: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and more