With Martin Sheen for a father, it's not surprising that Charlie Sheen became a film and TV star. Yet this bad-boy actor is even more famous for his off-screen antics. Although he made a splash in a succession of '80s blockbusters (Wall Street, Young Guns, Platoon), Sheen also struggled with drinking and drug use. After being relegated to parts in B-movies (The Chase, Money Talks) in the '90s, Sheen made a professional and personal comeback in the new millennium by joining the cast of Spin City and marrying bombshell Denise Richards. While his TV success continued with a starring role in the sitcom Two and a Half Men, which snagged Sheen his first Emmy nod, his real life faltered when Richards left him in 2005 while pregnant with their second child. Following their divorce in 2006, Sheen married real-estate agent Brooke Mueller, with whom he has twin sons. The couple made headlines in 2009 following an alleged domestic incident on Christmas Day in Aspen, Colorado.
- Made his first TV appearance at age 9 as an extra in the TV-movie The Execution of Private Slovik (1974); was an extra in 1979's Apocalypse Now (both films starred his father).
- Admitted under oath during the trial of Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss that he had spent more than $50,000 for the services of 27 of her employees over a 15-month period.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1994.
- Formed the production company Sheen-Michaels Entertainment with Bret Michaels (lead singer of Poison) in 1997.
- Published a book of poetry, Peace of My Mind, in 1988, and wrote the screenplay for the 1998 film No Code of Conduct.
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2002, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 2006, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Donna Peele — Ex-wife
- Emilio Estevez — Brother
- Janet Sheen — Mother
- Martin Sheen — Father
- Cassandra Jade Estevez — Daughter
- Sam Sheen — Daughter
- Brooke Mueller — Ex-wife
- Denise Richards — Ex-wife
- Lola Rose Sheen — Daughter
- Ramón Estevez — Brother
- Renée Estevez — Sister
- Paula Profitt — Ex-significant Other
- Max Sheen — Son
- Kelly Preston — Ex-fiancée
- Joe Estévez — Uncle
- Bob Sheen — Son
- Robin Wright — Ex-significant Other
- Brett Rossi — Ex-fiancée
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Carlos Irwin Estevez
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Birthday: September 3, 1965, Virgo
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
By Bluewater ProductionsBuy New: $3.99
The Charlie Sheen "Tiger Blood" Coloring Book: The Adult Coloring Book Celebrating Humanity's Greatest Moral Compass: Charlie Sheen (Kindle Unlimited...
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $9.69
By Comedy CentralBuy New: $14.99