Although this knockout got her start sporting a bikini as a guest on Baywatch and a regular on the short-lived Malibu Shores, Charisma Carpenter became a star as a fully clothed butt-kicker on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off Angel. After seven years playing the same beloved bitchy role, her character was killed off and the sexy actress slowed down the pace, though she did pick up guest-starring spots on Charmed and the short-lived Miss Match. In 2004 Carpenter returned to the spotlight with a spread in Playboy and then landed a recurring part on cult-favorite Veronica Mars in 2005. Next, she shifted her focus to movies---mostly of the made-for-TV variety---before appearing in the Sylvester Stallone-led action ensemble The Expendables in 2010. Off screen, Carpenter is a mom and keeps busy with a variety of outdoor activities.
- Mother named her after the perfume Charisma because she loved the sound of its name.
- Moved to Rosarito, Mexico, with her family at age 15 and commuted each day to the School of the Creative and Performing Arts in San Diego, CA, where she majored in dance.
- Joined the San Diego Chargers cheerleading team in 1991.
- Moved to Los Angeles in 1992 and was discovered by an agent while working as a waitress.
- Auditioned for the part of Buffy before landing her breakthrough role as Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Donavan Charles Hardy — Son
- Damian Hardy — Ex-husband
- Chris Carpenter — Mother
- Don Carpenter — Father
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Las Vegas, NV
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Stars Dan Stevens and Rachel Keller share what to expect