- Played quarterback on his high-school football team.
- Toured India with an acting company while in college.
- Changed his name after signing with Warner Bros. in 1960.
- As a guest on The Dick Cavett Show in 1972, he referred to his wife as his "property," causing Lily Tomlin to storm off the set.
- Is the author of a self-published book of romantic poetry dedicated to his wife.
- Was treated for alcoholism and attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1986.
- 1971, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Katherine Thorp — Daughter
- Virdeen Cramton — Mother
- Harry Cramton — Father
- Shelby Grant — Wife (deceased)
- Shannon Everett — Daughter
- Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States (BA in Mass Communications, 1960)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Raymon Lee Cramton
- Birth Place: South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Birthday: June 11, 1936, Gemini
- Died: July 24, 2012
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $8.95