One of MTV's most recognizable personalities grew up wanting to be a priest, but Carson Daly eventually abandoned his religious aspirations to pursue professional golfing. While training in California, he interned at a radio station and embarked on a DJ career, which eventually lead to his on-screen work. By the late 1990s the good-looking host became a teen tastemaker on Total Request Live
, which he also executive produced. After a successful run at MTV, Daly landed a deal with NBC in 2002 and shifted his focus to a more adult audience with his own late-late-night TV talk show, Last Call with Carson Daly
. He also picked up additional hosting duties for the network's annual New Year's Eve specials. In 2009 Daly hit another significant milestone when he had a son, Jackson, with girlfriend Siri Pinter. When he's not working, Daly supports breast-cancer research, as his mother is a survivor of the disease.Carson Daly Fast Facts:
- Told Entertainment Tonight in 2000 that he stayed home and watched 60 Minutes with his dad the night of the prom.
- Played against Tiger Woods in the American Junior Golf Association and won a partial golf scholarship to Loyola Marymount University, where he was a theology student.
- Credited as the first person in the U.S. to interview Canadian singer Alanis Morissette.
- Discovered by MTV while working as a DJ for KROQ.
- Learned his two-year romance with girlfriend Jennifer Love Hewitt was over when he heard it on the radio in 1999.
- Received the Lifetime Achievement Award at MTV's 2004 TRL Awards.
- Ranked No. 24 on TV GUIDE's 2005 list of TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols.
- Has his own production company, Carson Daly Productions, and co-founded the record label 456 Entertainment.
- Carson Daly Relationships:
- Tara Reid - Ex-fiancée
- JD Daly - Father
- Etta Jones Daly - Daughter
- Jennifer Love Hewitt - Ex-significant Other
- Richard Caruso - Stepfather
- Patty Caruso - Mother
- Quinn Daly - Sister
- Siri Pinter - Fiancée
- Jackson James Daly - Son
- Carson Daly Awards:
- 2012 Emmy: Outstanding Reality/Competition Program - Nominee
- 2013 Emmy: Outstanding Reality/Competition Program - Winner
- Attended Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, United States; attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, California, United States