Although he played a brooding counterterrorism agent on the small screen, this Latino actor was reportedly a cutup on the set of 24, the action series that turned him into a sex symbol. After graduating from college, Bernard landed stage roles in his native Chicago before enrolling at the prestigious American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. He was over 30 when he started booking small film and TV roles but kept himself busy on the boards as a cofounder of the Los Angeles-based Ashbury Actors Group. His career kicked into overdrive with 24, and in 2003 the married family man found himself on People's list of the 50 Most Beautiful People. Off screen, Bernard practices judo.
- Studied acting at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, CA.
- Trained in Judo.
- Fluent in Spanish (his mother was from Madrid).
- First film appearance was in 1996's The Killing Jar alongside Xander Berkeley, with whom he later appeared on 24.
- Was born in the same hospital as Reiko Aylesworth, who played his wife Michelle on 24.
- Favorite musicians are Bruce Springsteen and Dave Matthews.
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Natalie Bernard — Daughter
- Sharisse Baker Bernard — Wife
- Attended Illinois State University, Normal, IL
- Birth Name: Carlos Bernard Papierski
- Birth Place: Evanston, IL
- Birthday: October 12, 1962, Libra
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: