- Before acting, his jobs ranged from diamond drilling to working as a sailboat crew member in Greece to singing and playing guitar in a rock band. He also aspired to be a professional skier until suffering a knee injury.
- Feature-film debut was in 1980's Arctic expedition tale Bear Island.
- Appeared in three of director Atom Egoyan's films: Exotica (1994), The Sweet Hereafter (1997) and Ararat (2002).
- Has lent his voice to numerous audio books.
- 2004, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1997, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2008, Independent Spirit Awards — Robert Altman Award: Winner
- 2015, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2015, Canadian Screen Awards — Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Susan Devlin — Wife
- Mary Sylvia Greenwood — Mother
- Lynn — Sister
- Kelly — Sister
- Hugh John Greenwood — Father
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (BA, 1975); American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, NY (1981)
Season 2, Episode 2
- Birth Name: Stuart Bruce Greenwood
- Birth Place: Noranda, Québec, Canada
- Birthday: August 12, 1956, Leo
- Profession: Actor