- Attended the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City from 1958 to '60.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1961 in Everybody Loves Opal; she won a Theatre World Award for her performance.
- Big break in films came with her appearance in 1969's Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight.
- Appeared in an all-female version of The Odd Couple on Broadway in 1985.
- Has taught acting at the New York Film Academy.
- 1970, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Nominee
- 1969, Tony — Actress (Dramatic): Nominee
- 1974, Emmy — Best Supporting Actress in Comedy-Variety, Variety or Music: Winner
- 1968, Tony — Actress (Musical): Nominee
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1966, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Dramatic): Nominee
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1975, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Mario Vaccaro — Father
- Martin Fried — Ex-husband
- William Bishop — Ex-husband
- Guy Hector — Husband
- Michael Douglas — Ex-significant Other
- Charles Cannizzaro — Ex-husband
- Christine Vaccaro — Mother
Season 1, Episode 13
- Birth Name: Brenda Buell Vaccaro
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Birthday: November 18, 1939, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: