- Left home as a teenager to study art in Italy.
- Worked as an illustrator at Hanna-Barbera Studios and as a singer before pursuing an interest in acting.
- Made silver-screen debut in the 1979 film adaptation of the musical Hair.
- Did all her own singing as Patsy Cline in 1980's Coal Miner's Daughter.
- After her marriage to an Italian aristocrat ended, she took up with Irish writer-director Neil Jordan, who directed her in 1988's High Spirits and 1991's The Miracle.
- Best known for her role as the matriarch of the quirky Griswold clan in the National Lampoon's Vacation films.
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1984, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Special: Nominee
- Gene D'Angelo — Father
- Jeff D'Angelo — Brother
- Anton Pacino — Son
- Neil Jordan — Ex-significant Other
- Al Pacino — Ex-significant Other
- Lorenzo Salviati — Ex-husband
- Olivia Pacino — Daughter
- Anton Furst — Ex-significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Columbus, OH
- Birthday: November 15, 1951, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Travel around the abode