- Began performing in chorus lines at 13 (under the legal age); she was fired when her true age was discovered.
- Signed by Samuel Goldwyn in 1931; appeared in industrial films and shorts under the alias Frances Dean.
- Her trademark was her famous legs, which MGM insured with Lloyd's of London for $1 million.
- Her 1943 bathing-suit photo was a favorite of soldiers during World War II.
- Retired from films after making 1955's How to Be Very, Very Popular; continued her career on stage, most famously in Hello, Dolly! on Broadway.
- Marjorie L. Grable — Sister
- Victoria James — Daughter
- John Conn Grable — Father
- Jackie Coogan — Ex-husband
- Lillian Rose Hofmann Grable — Mother
- Jessica James — Daughter
- John Karl Grable — Brother
- Harry James — Ex-husband
- Birth Name: Elizabeth Ruth Grable
- Birth Place: St. Louis, MO
- Died: July 2, 1973
- Profession: Actor, Dancer, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Take the help, Reid