- A member of the Manhattan Theatre Club.
- Made big-screen debut in the 1994 film Quiz Show.
- Received a Tony nomination for the play Proof, which also starred Mary-Louise Parker.
- Scored an Emmy nomination for the cable TV miniseries Angels in America (which again costarred Mary-Louise Parker). Previously starred in a stage version of Angels in America when an acting student.
- Had a recurring role in Law & Order.
- 2001, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- Lauren Greilsheimer — Wife
- Katherine Sheinkman — Mother
- Shepard A. Sheinkman — Father
- Elizabeth Sheinkman — Sister
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, United States (1990); New York University, New York, New York, United States (MFA, 1993)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Benjamin Alexander Sheinkman
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more