- A member of the Manhattan Theatre Club.
- Made big-screen debut in the 1994 film Quiz Show.
- Received a Tony nomination for the play Proof, which also starred Mary-Louise Parker.
- Scored an Emmy nomination for the cable TV miniseries Angels in America (which again costarred Mary-Louise Parker). Previously starred in a stage version of Angels in America when an acting student.
- Had a recurring role in Law & Order.
- 2001, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- Elizabeth Sheinkman — Sister
- Lauren Greilsheimer — Wife
- Katherine Sheinkman — Mother
- Shepard A. Sheinkman — Father
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, United States (1990); New York University, New York, New York, United States (MFA, 1993)
Season 8, Episode 2
- Birth Name: Benjamin Alexander Sheinkman
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Birthday: September 26, 1968, Libra
- Profession: Actor