- Entered a local beauty contest in 1952 while working as a secretary.
- Launched her TV career on New Year's Eve 1954 with a part on an episode of the Western anthology series Death Valley Days.
- Breakout movie role was in the 1959 Western Rio Bravo alongside Dean Martin and John Wayne.
- Appeared in the Rat Pack's 1960 comedy-drama Ocean's Eleven.
- Had a guest-starring role as brassy Sergeant Suzanne "Pepper" Anderson in a 1974 episode of the popular crime-anthology series Police Story. She garnered so much critical acclaim that the spin-off Police Woman was created for her later that year.
- Was the original choice to play Krystle Jennings Carrington on the popular nighttime sudser Dynasty, but declined the role. Linda Evans took the part.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1987.
- Walked off the set of This Is Your Life and refused to do the show after being selected as an honoree in 1993.
- Daughter Nikki had Asperger's syndrome her entire life but wasn't officially diagnosed until she was an adult. Nikki committed suicide in 2007.
- 1960, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Winner
- 1975, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Winner
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1978, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Mary Lou Belmont — Sister
- Frank Sinatra — Ex-significant Other
- Janet — Sister
- Lea Nikki Bacharach — Daughter
- Larry King — Ex-significant Other
- Burt Bacharach — Ex-husband
- Frederica Brown — Mother
- Leo H. Brown — Father
- Gene Dickinson — Ex-husband
- Attended Glendale Community College, Glendale, CA; attended Immaculate Heart College, Los Angeles, CA
- Birth Name: Angeline Brown
- Birth Place: Kulm, ND
- Birthday: September 30, 1931, Libra
- Profession: Actor, Stuntwoman
Trending TonightSee all »
Greg Garrison Presents The Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts: Man and Woman of the Hour: Don Rickles & Angie Dickinson
By Guthy-Renker EntertainmentBuy New: $7.98
A SENSITIVE PASSIONATE MAN+WINNER TAKES ALL[SLIM CASE] Angie Dickinson-David Janssen-Shirley Jones-Laurence Luckinbill
By East West EntertainmentBuy New: $22.43
By Guthy-RenkerBuy New: $7.48