A former teen model, this Texas-born actress landed her star-making part on Gilmore Girls
after just one year of college. As the pretty and precocious Rory, Bledel earned legions of fans. The big screen soon beckoned, and the blue-eyed beauty found success with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
and its sequel, which were based on popular young-adult novels. While on Gilmore Girls
, she began dating costar Milo Ventimiglia, though that relationship eventually ended in 2006. Upon the end of Gilmore Girls
in 2007, Bledel admitted she was not eager to make a commitment to doing another television series for quite some time, because the work was "all-consuming." She instead focused on films and also returned to modeling, signing with IMG in 2009.Alexis Bledel Fast Facts:
- Her first language is Spanish; she didn't learn English until she started school.
- Her mother is Mexican; her father, Argentinian.
- Took acting classes when she was 8 as a way to overcome her shyness.
- Began modeling at age 14, traveling to Milan and Tokyo for shows.
- Her profile rose with her role as Rory Gilmore in the Gilmore Girls series (2000-07) and her movie portrayal of Lena in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005) and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008).
- In an Entertainment Weekly article about the end of Gilmore Girls, she admitted the show's famous fast-paced dialogue often had her "exhausted" and that "It burns you out."
- Appeared in the 2009 series finale of ER.
- Made a return to modeling by signing with IMG in 2009.
- Alexis Bledel Relationships:
- Martin Bledel - Father
- Milo Ventimiglia - Ex-significant Other
- Eric David Bledel - Brother
- Nanette - Mother
- Vincent Kartheiser - Husband
- Attended New York University, New York, New York, United States