- Her parents split when she was 3 years old.
- Her influences include the Spice Girls, Destiny's Child, Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Leona Lewis was one of her classmates at a British performing-arts school.
- Was signed by the independent label XL Recordings after some of her music was posted online.
- Her first album, 19, debuted at No.1 on the British charts.
- Made her U.S. TV debut on The Today Show.
- Significantly raised her profile in the U.S. when she performed on Saturday Night Live the same night that approximately 17 million viewers tuned in to see Sarah Palin meet her impersonator, Tina Fey, on the show.
- Her album 21 and song "Rolling in the Deep" were the top-selling album and song in the U.S. in 2011.
- In February 2012, she became the first female artist to have three singles in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time.
- Awarded an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the Queen's Birthday Honours in 2013.
- Her 2015 album 25 broke *NSYNC's long-standing record for biggest debut week album sales in the U.S.
- 2008, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2008, Grammy — Best New Artist: Winner
- 2011, Grammy — Song of the Year: Winner
- 2011, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 2011, Grammy — Best Pop Vocal Album: Winner
- 2011, Grammy — Best Short Form Music Video: Winner
- 2013, Grammy — Best Song Written for Visual Media: Winner
- 2011, CMT Music Awards — CMT Performance of the Year: Nominee
- 2011, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 2013, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Winner
- 2011, Grammy — Best Pop Solo Performance: Winner
- 2012, Oscar — Best Achievement in Music (Original Song): Winner
- 2012, Grammy — Best Pop Solo Performance: Winner
- 2013, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Song: Winner
- 2016, Grammy — Best Pop Solo Performance: Winner
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Special: Nominee
- 2016, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 2016, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Entertainment Programme: Nominee
- 2016, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 2016, Grammy — Song of the Year: Winner
- 2016, Grammy — Best Pop Vocal Album: Winner
- Mark Evans — Father
- Angelo James Konecki — Son
- Simon Konecki — Fiancé
- Penny Adkins — Mother
- Cameron — Half Brother
- Birth Name: Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
- Birth Place: Tottenham, London, England
- Profession: Singer-songwriter, Musician
Trending TonightSee all »
She didn't pull a Cady Heron.