Video ClipsSee all »
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
The Atlantic became a killing field as German submarines took on the might of the dominant British Navy. These stealthy, silent killers were able to sink 5,200 ships by war's end, nearly bringing Britain to its knees.
The weaponization of the chemical chlorine by the Germans flew in the face of international treaties and unleashed an escalation of poison gas weapons on both sides of WWI.
While most people think the Blitz originated in WWII, the first Blitz actually occurred during WWI, when bombs were delivered from giant airships designed by Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin.
Tanks were the first armored fighting machines to be used on the battlefield. These "land ships" were designed in secrecy to break through heavily fortified trenches and offer troops protection from artillery.
- 1. Legacies Finally Revealed What Became of Klaus After He Died on The Originals
- 2. James Corden Is Giving Us All Cardi B Carpool Karaoke for Christmas
- 3. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week - Roma, Bruce Springsteen
- 4. Eliza Dushku Was Written Off Bull After Accusing Michael Weatherly of Sexual Harassment
- 5. Kit Harington Met Another Famous Dragon in the Game of Thrones Crossover We Didn't Know We Needed
- 6. Alias' Jennifer Garner and J.J. Abrams Are Reuniting for an Apple Series
- 7. Grey's Anatomy: Here's Our Best Guess for Who Jennifer Grey Will Play in Season 15