Season 3, Episode 1 Suicide Bombers
First Aired: July 1, 2004
Palestinian suicide bombers, bombmakers and recruiters discuss their lives and motivations The chilling interviews were taped in Israeli prisons, and are juxtaposed with atmospheric footage of Israelis in buses and starkly realistic clips of the aftermath of bombings. “I want to become a martyr. I don't want this life,” says one of the would-be bombers, an 18-year-old. “[In paradise] I get to be with the 70 virgins. Here our life is full of problems.” But he had second thoughts about his mission when he thought about Israelis who wanted peace. The handlers have no such second thoughts. For them the end game is simple: “Either I will die or [the Israelis] will,” one says. “There is no other solution.” Following the film: an interview with Palestinian academic Sari Nusseibeh, founder of the Israeli-Palestinian Science Organization.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Stream Meryl Streep's Best Movies and Witness Her Greatness
- 2. Everything We Know About the Penny Dreadful Sequel
- 3. Ramy Youssef's Big Year Keeps Getting Hornier with 'Feelings'
- 4. South African Youth Choir's Stunning America's Got Talent Performance Will Give You Goosebumps
- 5. Shailene Woodley Says Her Big Little Lies Character Cut Her Bangs Herself
- 6. Watch the Emotional Trailer for Orange Is the New Black's Final Season
- 7. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Adds Lena Headey, Awkwafina, and More