The roots of modern Latino culture, which stretch back to the century following Columbus' discovery of the New World, are explored by journalist Rubén Martínez ("Crossing Over"), who cowrote the documentary with director Carl Byker. The program charts how Spanish conquistadors in the 16th century came into contact with Latin America's indigenous peoples, who in many ways were more advanced than they, and that a new "mestizo" or mixed culture resulted.
Writer (3 Credits)
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Stream Meryl Streep's Best Movies and Witness Her Greatness
- 2. Everything We Know About the Penny Dreadful Sequel
- 3. Ramy Youssef's Big Year Keeps Getting Hornier with 'Feelings'
- 4. South African Youth Choir's Stunning America's Got Talent Performance Will Give You Goosebumps
- 5. Shailene Woodley Says Her Big Little Lies Character Cut Her Bangs Herself
- 6. Watch the Emotional Trailer for Orange Is the New Black's Final Season
- 7. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Adds Lena Headey, Awkwafina, and More