Season 1, Episode 5 Great Nature (1933-1945)
First Aired: October 1, 2009
The years 1933-45 are recalled. Included: the Civilian Conservation Corps are created during the Depression to undertake renovation projects in the national parks; NPS biologist George Melendez Wright pushes to reform the NPS's wildlife policies; Florida's Everglades become a national park; FDR is pressured to allow mining, grazing and lumber work in the national parks during World War II and is also criticized for expanding the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 2. Star Trek: Discovery's Ethan Peck Talks Spock's Finale Struggle and Season 3 Return
- 3. The Tragic True Story Behind Tyrone's Vampire Nuns Tale on Marvel's Cloak & Dagger
- 4. Gotham Series Finale Trailer: Jeremiah Returns and Batman Finally Arrives!
- 5. Ramy Review: Hulu's Groundbreaking Comedy Is as Empathetic as It Is Horny
- 6. Asa Butterfield Falling Down the Stairs in the Sex Education Blooper Reel Is Truly a Sight to Behold
- 7. What to Stream the Weekend of April 19