The masked man and Tonto rode from radio to TV with a `hearty heigh-ho Silver, away!', accompanied by Rossini's stirring `William Tell Overture.' ABC's first ratings hit and one of early TV's most popular series, it told of the lone survivor of an ambush of Texas Rangers, who was found by the Indian Tonto. Tonto helped his `kemo sabe' (trusty scout) right wrongs...all without killing anyone. Clayton Moore also played the Lone Ranger in two 1950s theatrical films.
Director (8 Credits)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 2. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 3. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 4. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 5. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act
- 6. Queer Eye's Karamo Brown Reveals How He Gets That Emotional Breakthrough With Each 'Hero'
- 7. Aidy Bryant Takes Us Behind Filming Shrill's Empowering Fat Babe Pool Party