Garrison Keillor narrates this history of the "National Barn Dance," a popular country-music radio show in the 1930s and '40s that helped launch the careers of Gene Autry; Patsy Montana; Bradley Kincaid; George Gobel; Pat Buttram; Andy Williams; and Lulu Belle and Scotty. The documentary includes performance footage, home movies, photos and remarks from fans, performers and historians; and explores such themes as the commercialization of regional culture.
Subject (person only) (3 Credits)
Producer (3 Credits)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bette and Shane Share a Tender Moment in The L Word: Generation Q Trailer
- 2. Michonne Looks Fierce in Poster for Danai Gurira's Final The Walking Dead Season
- 3. A Gilmore Girls Alum Is Heading to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3
- 4. Sean Spicer Addresses Dancing With the Stars Backlash
- 5. Stephan James and Hong Chau to Return for Homecoming Season 2
- 6. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 7. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide