A study of the two-year postwar investigation to track down Gestapo officers responsible for the murder of 50 Allied airmen who escaped from a German prison camp on March 24, 1944, but were recaptured and executed under orders from Adolf Hitler. This story was the basis for the 1963 film "The Great Escape." Included: dramatic recreations of events; interviews with surviving POWs and family of Gestapo members found guilty of war crimes. Written and directed by Steve Westh.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. GLOW Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Netflix
- 2. Who Will Win Big Brother 21 – and Who Should Win?
- 3. Emmys 2019: How to Watch, Who's Nominated, And Everything Else to Know
- 4. The Crown Season 3 Teaser Introduces Olivia Colman's Queen
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Best Firsts, Most Vicious Memes, and the Gratuitous Abs Display
- 6. Prodigal Son Review: Tom Payne and Michael Sheen Ham Up This Serial Killer Thriller
- 7. Simone Missick on Why Her All Rise Role Is a Political Statement