The human-plant relationship is explored via the stories of the apple, the tulip, marijuana and the potato. Included: how the apple came to be sweet; "tulip mania" in the Netherlands circa the 1630s, when tulips were traded for large sums of money; the history and physiology of marijuana; the genetically modified (and no longer available) New Leaf potato, which featured a microorganism that repelled potato beetles. Michael Pollan ("The Botany of Desire") hosts. Frances McDormand narrates.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Dallas Star Ken Kercheval Dead at 83
- 2. Taraji P Henson and Terrence Howard Write Letter Campaigning for Jussie Smollett's Return for Empire Season 6
- 3. 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' Is Game of Thrones' Best Episode Ever
- 4. Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen Are Still United in These Game of Thrones Episode 3 Photos
- 5. The CW Renews The 100, All American, In the Dark, and Roswell, New Mexico
- 6. If These Game of Thrones Characters Die, We Riot
- 7. Riverdale Sneak Peek: How Far Will the Joneses Go to Save Jellybean?