Unable to load clip
The selected clip is currently unabled to be loaded.
The acclaimed documentary ALMOST HOLY tells the story of Gennadiy Mohknenko, a Ukrainian pastor who has taken up the fight against child homelessness by forcibly abducting street kids and bringing them to his private rehabilitation center. Gennadiy's ongoing efforts and unabashedly tough love approach to his city's problems has made him a folk hero to some, and a lawless vigilante to others. Using gripping footage that follows the self-appointed savior's mission over the course of fifteen years, interspersing imagery from a popular Soviet animated TV show; ALMOST HOLY is a bold and captivating portrait of a man fighting to change Ukraine for the better, as its place in a tense political landscape hangs in the balance. Directed by Steve Hoover (Sundance Grand Jury prize winner for BLOOD BROTHER), executive produced by Terrence Malick and Nicolas Gonda, and with a score by Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, and Bobby Krlic.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Lea Michele Is Getting Into the Holiday Movie Game
- 2. How to Watch the 2019 Emmy Nominations Online
- 3. Game of Thrones Finale Backlash Won't Force George R.R. Martin to Change Book Ending
- 4. Melissa Benoist Will Direct an Episode of Supergirl in Season 5
- 5. Big Brother Vet Audrey Middleton Accuses Show of Exploiting Marginalized People Amid Racism Scandal
- 6. Angela Tells Pope She's 'Cool' With the Family Business in Animal Kingdom Exclusive Clip
- 7. Love Island's First Couples Challenge Shows Love Is Blind