Season 12, Episode 2 The Gene Hunters
First Aired: October 23, 2001
“Gene Hunters” profiles prominent geneticists, beginning with James Watson, who helped devise the model for the molecular structure of DNA in 1953. “We finally had the molecule for heredity,” Watson says. Host Alan Alda also meets Eric Lander, a major figure in the Human Genome Project; Nancy Hopkins, who's using fish to look for the genes that make babies; Tim Tully, who's using fruit flies to understand memory; Cynthia Keegan, who's using worms to understand aging; Jeffrey Isner, who's using gene therapy to cure blocked arteries in humans.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's Who Jennifer Morrison Could Be Playing in This Is Us Season 4
- 2. Is The Blacklist on Netflix?
- 3. Listen to Every Episode of Big Brother Brothers Here
- 4. Hannah Might Be the Best Bachelorette of All Time
- 5. The First Game of Thrones Prequel Has Started Filming
- 6. The Cast of Angel Is Reuniting… Without Angel
- 7. Is YOU on Netflix?