Video ClipsSee all »
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
While Japan is a truly modern country it is also rich in history and tradition. In this episode Sachie meets some Japanese artisans carrying on very old traditions closely tied to Japan's food culture.
Miso paste dates back more than a thousand years and has become a key ingredient in Japanese cuisine. Sachie travels to Nagano, the home of Marukome (the world's leading manufacturer of miso) where she gets to see how it's made and then to a place in the hills where the miso is left to ferment and mature.
Salmon is rapidly becoming one of the staple fish in the Japanese diet and New Zealand King salmon is one of the most prized varieties. To find out what makes New Zealand salmon so special Sachie journeys to a salmon hatchery and then to a salmon farm in the beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
Sachie visits Kyoto - from geishas to temples to fine crafts it's the centre of Japanese culture, and its food is no exception.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Grey's Anatomy Took Elevator Foreplay to Another Level in the Winter Premiere
- 2. Gotham: Bane's Coming, Y'all
- 3. More Than 40 Million Netflix Viewers Have Been Creepin' on YOU
- 4. Oliver and Felicity Will Star in a Documentary in Arrow's 150th Episode
- 5. Red Checks in at Club Fed in This Exclusive The Blacklist Sneak Peek
- 6. Sabrina's Kiernan Shipka Will Star In a Netflix Holiday Rom-Com From John Green
- 7. How to Watch the Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Premiere Red Carpet