Season 2, Episode 4 Local Kids' TV
First Aired: February 8, 2011
The Season 2 finale focuses on a staple of yesteryear TV: local children's TV shows, including L.A.'s "Time for Beany," which counted Albert Einstein among its fans; New York's "Puppet Hotel"; Phoenix' long-running "Wallace and Ladmo"; "Romper Room," which personalized its show for each city in which it aired; Jim Henson's early days in Washington, D.C.; Fred Rogers' "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" precursor in Pittsburgh; and many local clown shows, one of which (in D.C.) starred Willard Scott.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Ryan Murphy Recruits Bette Midler for Netflix's The Politician
- 2. Should The OA Get a Season 3?
- 3. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 4. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 5. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 6. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 7. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act