Jesus and Paul---The Word and the Witness
First Aired: April 5, 2004
A chronicle of the life, death and Resurrection of Jesus, and St. Paul's efforts to spread the word throughout the Roman Empire in the 1st century. Jennings calls Paul “the founder of Christianity” and tracks his footsteps throughout the Mediterranean, where he sought conversions among gentiles as well as Jews, to the consternation of Jesus' apostles in Jerusalem. Jennings also examines charges that Paul, a Jew, was responsible for Christian anti-Semitism and analyzes his “stern moralism.” “There has been considerable debate,” he notes, “about whether Paul changed Christianity into something Jesus had never intended.”
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Follow the Love Island Cast on Instagram
- 2. Bellamy Delivers a Low Blow to Octavia in This Tense The 100 Sneak Peek
- 3. Netflix's Another Life Review: Katee Sackhoff's Return to Space Is Derivative Disappointment
- 4. Tina Majorino Says She Turned Down Veronica Mars Season 4 Due to Mac's 'Diminished Value'
- 5. Should Veronica Mars Continue After Season 4?
- 6. The Brady Bunch Cast Is Reuniting for Specials on Discovery and Food Network
- 7. Jason Dohring Reacts to That Veronica Mars Bombshell: 'For Three Days I Had an Empty Feeling'