Video ClipsSee all »
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
Violent images carved on Egyptian temples. Human sacrifice at an Aztec Pyramid. Witches burned alive in Salem. The torture chambers of the Spanish Inquistion. Kara Cooney traces the dark link between religion and violence running throughout human history.
Kara Cooney examines mummies, tombs, graves, and burials all over the world to find out how different cultures prepared their loved ones for the afterlife. What do their different practices say about our relationship with the dead - and the living?
The devil - a symbol of all that we fear. But for the ancient Egyptians, and other early civilizations, the devil simply didn't exist. Somewhere in the course of human history, a force of pure evil began to emerge - and the devil was born.
Kara Cooney finds that life in cities isn't part of an inevitable march towards progress. Living in cities may actually cause more problems than it solves. But 12,000 years ago, a change in human behavior determined the very nature of modern civilization.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Rabbit and the Lion Were The Masked Singer's Worst-Kept Secrets
- 2. Jussie Smollett Arrested After Being Charged With Filing a False Police Report
- 3. What's Leaving Hulu in March
- 4. How to Make the Oscars More Bearable
- 5. What's Coming to Hulu in March 2019
- 6. Jeremiah Reunites Bruce with His Dead Parents in this Gotham Sneak Peek
- 7. Last Man Standing Sneak Peek: Mike and Ryan Actually Agree About Capitalism (and Weed)