A bizarre parody of the frenetic, behind-the-scenes life of a live TV variety series set in 1957 titled `The Lester Guy Show.' Coproducer David Lynch's surreal stab at humor featured his usual assortment of quirky characters, including Lester, the faux show's star, who kept getting knocked unconscious; his spacey costar, Betty; and Vladja, a director with an incomprehensible Slavic accent. Deemed far too strange for a mainstream audience, `On the Air' was off the air after three episodes.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 2. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 3. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act
- 4. Queer Eye's Karamo Brown Reveals How He Gets That Emotional Breakthrough With Each 'Hero'
- 5. Aidy Bryant Takes Us Behind Filming Shrill's Empowering Fat Babe Pool Party
- 6. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles Aren't the Only Stars Mourning Supernatural
- 7. Say It Isn't So: Supernatural Will End After Season 15