Video ClipsSee all »
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
The Coastal Range stretches for over 3,500 miles, from the Alaskan Peninsula in the north, to the tip of the Baja California Peninsula in the south. This region is just a small part of a famous line of tectonic activity that circles the entire Pacific Ocean, known as The Ring of Fire!
Located between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the Coastal Ranges to the west, this gigantic Basin and Range Region runs for about 5,000 miles from the Bering Sea to the southern end of Mexico.
The Rocky Mountains are like the backbone of the North American continent, stretched from top to bottom of the continent like a spine. In this case, the vertebrae are rugged mountain peaks. The true Rockies are found running from the Laird River Basin in the Canadian province of British Columbia to the Sacramento Mountains in the state of New Mexico, a distance of about 3,000 miles.
Between the Rocky Mountains and east of the Mississippi River, we find one of the continent's largest regional landforms, The Great Plains. Its most striking feature is its flatness and wide open spaces. The Great Plains encompass all or part of 15 of the United States and three Canadian provinces.250 million years ago it was a vast inland seaknown as the Western Interior Waterway.
- 1. Justice for Chris Parnell, the Best Supporting Chris
- 2. Hail Satan, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Is Renewed Through Season 4
- 3. Fresh Prince Star Alfonso Ribeiro Sues Fortnite for Stealing Carlton Dance
- 4. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jimmy Fallon Put a Holiday Spin on Ariana Grande and Cardi B Hits
- 5. Someone's Got a New Wife on The Big Bang Theory
- 6. How to Watch All the New Year's Day College Football Bowl Games
- 7. 2018-2019 TV Scorecard: Which Shows Are Canceled? Which Are Renewed?