Three black students at the University of Cape Town's once all-white opera school prepare to sing at Cape Town's main opera hall. The documentary travels to their home townships, where they've faced financial hardship and health struggles; follows them to New York, where they serve as apprentices at the Glimmerglass Festival; and accompanies them on a school trip to Robben Island, the prison where Nelson Mandela was held for decades.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. SNL's Game of Thrones Rap Tribute Turns into a Grace and Frankie Fan Flex
- 2. All the Funniest Game of Thrones Season 8 Memes and Tweets
- 3. How the Blacklist Finale Set Up a Stronger Season 7
- 4. The Blacklist Bosses Break Down the Shocking Reveals of the Season 6 Finale
- 5. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Canceled After 17 Years in Syndication
- 6. Only Bill Hader Could Think Up Barry's Killer Kid Plot (And Make It Work)
- 7. HBO's His Dark Materials Trailer Is Already Giving Us the Adaptation We Deserve