This landmark adult Western centered on Marshal Matt Dillon of Dodge City. John Wayne turned down the lead, suggesting James Arness (who remained for its entire run). Originating on radio (with William Conrad as Dillon), it moved to TV in September 1955. Its popularity spawned a number of copycats, but none would enjoy the longevity (and few the consistent quality) of this classic.
Director (16 Credits)
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 3. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 4. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far
- 5. Star Trek: Discovery's Ethan Peck on Spock's Finale Struggle and Season 3 Return
- 6. Tyler Blackburn Talks LGBTQ Representation on Roswell, New Mexico
- 7. Joey King on Tackling the 'Mentally Taxing' Role in Hulu's The Act