Season 1, Episode 1 Love for Lydia
First Aired: September 23, 1979
Romance and tragedy unfold against a backdrop of Depression-era England in a 12-part adaptation of H.E. Bates' novel. Part 1 begins with Evensford reporter Edward Richardson (Christopher Blake) covering the arrival of Lydia Aspen (Mel Martin), who has come to live with her two elderly aunts (Beatrix Lehmann, Rachel Kempson) following the death of her father. Rollo: Michael Aldridge. Bretherton: David Ryall. Tom: Peter Davison.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Veep Season 7 Trailer: Selina Meyer Is Back on the Campaign Trail!
- 2. Netflix Cancels Marvel's Jessica Jones – But Will Stream Season 3
- 3. Netflix Cancels Marvel's The Punisher Just Like You Knew It Would
- 4. Twitter Was Here for Sasha Banks and Bayley's Historic WWE Tag Team Championship Win
- 5. Everything to Know About the 2019 Oscars
- 6. The Walking Dead Showed Us Alpha's Brutal Origins in a Flashback-Heavy Episode
- 7. True Detective Just Made Its Connection to Season 1 Explicit, but We Still Have Questions