A prize-winning homage to the watermen of isolated Smith Island in the Chesapeake, whose 400-year-old way of life is threatened by a depletion of crab and oyster stocks, as well as by rising water levels. With the help of the Army Corps of Engineers, the islanders are fighting back, but long-term prospects aren't bright. "The island lifestyle is going to disappear," says waterman (and historian) Jennings Evans. "But we're so stubborn that we're going to cling to it as long as we can."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Charlie Hunnam Books First TV Role Since Sons of Anarchy
- 2. Who Do You Think Will Win Season 14 of America's Got Talent?
- 3. Lin-Manuel Miranda's Kingkiller Chronicle No Longer Heading to Showtime
- 4. Christie Brinkley Replaced By Daughter on Dancing with the Stars Due to Injury
- 5. Game of Thrones Season 8 Emmy Wins So Far
- 6. Netflix's Daybreak Trailer Makes the Apocalypse Look Fun AF
- 7. Emmys 2019: How to Watch Live and Online