Video ClipsSee all »
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
Voisey's Bay, Labrador, is a 21st-century Klondike. Using powerful Bell 212 helicopters to navigate an otherwise inaccessible landscape, prospectors discover $10 billion motherlode of nickel and copper. "Flightpath" provides the first full coverage of a new adventure on the northern frontier.
The old warbirds are not just the wreckage of WWII. Often, they represent the very marrow of national history. At age 20, Jeff Jeffrey flew Halifax bombers over occupied Europe. Fifty years later, "Flightpath" follows his extraordinary effort to retrieve a downed Halifax from the depths of a Norwegian lake.
Want to fly an MiG? Engage in a dogfight? We go to Moscow where, in this post-Cold War age, anyone can rent a supersonic jet by the hour. But for amateur and professional pilots alike, there remains a persistent enemy: the G-force that causes pilot blackout. To combat its deadly effects, British, US and Canadian pilots have been testing for the perfect pilot G-suit since WWII.
The evolution of the ultralight has created a booming industry in do-it-yourself kits priced at the cost of a car. For many people, the affordability of these planes offers a chance to realize their dreams of flying; paraplegic Carl Hiebert is one of these people. An aerial photographer, Hiebert can now soar above the countryside at will.
- 1. Kimmy Schmidt's Final Season, Carmen Sandiego and More Coming To Netflix In January
- 2. Friends May Be Safe, but Netflix Is Losing Love Actually in January
- 3. SAG Awards Nominations 2019: Mrs. Maisel, Ozark Lead Surprising TV Nods
- 4. Tell Me a Story Sneak Peek: A Bloody Paul Wesley Returns to Haunt James Wolk
- 5. 166 Gift Ideas Inspired by Sansa, Sabrina and More of Your TV Faves
- 6. Amy Poehler and Her 'Leslie Blazers' Are Ready for a Parks & Recreation Reunion
- 7. Netflix Is Now Murder Central, Adds Ted Bundy Docuseries to Already Stacked True Crime Roster