Johnny Cash vs. Music Row
First Aired: September 11, 2004
A look at Johnny Cash's struggles with the country-music establishment after he was dropped by Columbia Records in 1986, and his resurgence in the '90s with his series of "American" albums, culminating in 2003 with his acclaimed video for "Hurt." The overview includes archival footage and interviews with Cash. Also: insights from daughter Rosanne Cash; Kris Kristofferson; manager Lou Robin; Rolling Stone magazine's Anthony DeCurtis; and Bill Miller, author of "Cash: An American Man."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Kenan Thompson Says Kel Mitchell Will Appear in All That Revival
- 2. Veep Season 7 Trailer: Selina Meyer Is Back on the Campaign Trail!
- 3. Netflix Cancels Marvel's Jessica Jones – But Will Stream Season 3
- 4. Netflix Cancels Marvel's The Punisher Just Like You Knew It Would
- 5. Twitter Was Here for Sasha Banks and Bayley's Historic WWE Tag Team Championship Win
- 6. Everything to Know About the 2019 Oscars
- 7. The Walking Dead Showed Us Alpha's Brutal Origins in a Flashback-Heavy Episode