Season 14, Episode 1 New York: A Documentary Series - City of Tomorrow (1929-1945)
First Aired: September 30, 2001
"City of Tomorrow (1929-45)" focuses on Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia, who used his close ties to FDR to make the city "a gigantic laboratory of civic reconstruction"; and master builder Robert Moses, who "adapted a 19th century city to 20th century circumstances," says historian Kenneth Jackson. The biggest one: the car. Says narrator David Ogden Stiers: "It challenged all previous assumptions about urban life."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Julia Roberts Isn't Returning for Homecoming Season 2
- 2. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 3. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 4. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 5. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 6. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 7. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform